Friday, February 5, 2010

Super Bowl Deaths -


Special advisory for ISPA professionals to use for their clients and to disseminate in their communities:

You have undoubtedly noticed that I love  the New York Times. I found another valuable piece of information in that paper in one of my favorite sections, Science Times. In the Feb. 4, 2010 edition of the NYT, reporter Anahad O’Connor wrote about studies that showed the increase in deaths and cardiac emergencies during Super Bowl Sunday. It appears as though the extra stress of this highly emotionally charged event places additional stress on those already at risk for cardiac incidents. Couple this extra stress with the traditional over-indulgence in eating and drinking and you have a recipe for disaster.

I would suggest that the responsible professional urges caution to all their clients and to their communities during this high risk day/weekend. Please pass along the message to those you encounter in your professional practice to exercise caution in their enjoyment of this sporting event. I am treating this weekend as I would the upcoming prom weekends each spring. I am passing along the message to everyone to celebrate and enjoy this event responsibly. Please help spread the word and save lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment